In this Thriving Dentist Show, Gary invited his friend Dr. Nezar Kassem to share his story about why Nezar, as a mid-career Dentist, decided to sell his practice to a DSO.
In this interview, Gary and Nezar discuss;
- Nezar’s story of successfully starting a practice from scratch in 2002,
- the joys that Nezar experienced in his practice and the challenges he has experienced as well,
- Nezar’s desire to find a better balance in his life,
- how he actually sought out the right DSO and approached them about the possibility of purchasing his practice,
- the general criteria that DSO’s are looking for when making an acquisition,
- how Nezar’s practice was appealing to a DSO even though he was slightly outside of their ideal criteria,
- the challenge that Nezar was experiencing with his facility,
- the full details of his sale,
- what to look for when considering the right DSO,
- Nezar’s arrangement to stay on as the Dentist after the sale and why this made sense for Nezar
- and throughout the interview Gary and Nezar discuss how to determine if selling to a DSO might be a good strategy for you.
Selling a practice is a very personal decision and it’s Gary’s hope that this interview will provide you with the information that will help you determine if selling to a DSO makes sense for you.
Links for ‘Top Clinical Tips; with Dr. Lee Ann Brady:
Restorative Nation Website:
Website for Gary’s New ‘Less Insurance Dependence’ podcast:
Link to the Less Insurance Dependence Podcast:
Link to Elite Dental Partners (the DSO that purchased Nezar’s practice):
Email Address for Nezar Kassem:
BUSTING LOOSE From Insurance Dependence in Your Dental Practice